Sales Team - Market Vendor
Employment Type: Part-Time
We are currently hiring part-time vendors for our farmers market season (March-December).
Be the face of The Domesticated Engineer at our local venues and markets! Engage with customers while selling our sustainably sourced handcrafted goods at all kinds of events around the city.
About The Domesticated Engineer
- What started as a mom and pop mobile shop has developed into an Atlanta based regional retail and wholesale business selling thousands of locally sourced and handcrafted goods each year.
- Our retail business ranges from local artist and farmers markets to pop up events at boutiques around Atlanta.
- Our wholesale business reaches local boutiques and grocers around Atlanta.
- We partner with other amazing companies that produce like-minded products throughout the South.
- Our commitment to American grown and made products is demonstrated through our material sourcing and local collaborations.
- As a way to give back to our community, improve our local environment and promote food security, we began building and funding a local food forest in 2020. Our company donates a portion of our profits and regularly hosts workdays to improve upon the space.
About this Job
We are looking for highly enthusiastic, self-reliant and thoughtful individuals to be part of our sales team. Sales Associates sell our products at farmers market stands and local events while serving as ambassadors of the brand with great customer service and product knowledge. We’re looking for fun people who like to actively seek out customer engagement. An ability to work independently and problem-solve in a variety of circumstances is key, and a considerate attitude and friendliness are musts.
This is an incredibly rewarding job (and you get to spread the idea of local and low waste living around this great city), but it is also a lot of hard work. You must be able to set up and break down pop up tents, tables and display pieces. The summers are hot and you must be prepared to be on your feet for long hours getting sweaty.
- Inner Atlanta: Morningside, Ponce City Market, Grant Park
- North and East Atlanta: Decatur, Avondale Estates, Brookhaven, Tucker
- OTP : Roswell, Alpharetta, Marietta
- Engage and talk to customers at festivals, farmers markets, and pop up events.
- Provide excellent customers service every time.
- Manage cash, product inventory, and company equipment with utmost integrity.
- Be kind and answer tons of questions from customers trying to learn about living more sustainably.
Sales Associate Requirements:
- No prior experience or education is required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and stay on feet for multiple hours at a time.
- Enjoy interacting with customers and coworkers.
- Love locally made products and sustainable living!